Back to top


Click here to go back

Employer-Provided Childcare Credit

Posted by Admin Posted on May 14 2024

If you are an employer who provides childcare services to your employees, you might be eligible for the Employer-Provided Childcare Credit. The credit is an incentive for taxpayers to provide childcare services to their employees.

To be eligible for the credit, an employer must have paid or incurred qualified childcare expenditures during the tax year to provide childcare services to employees.

Qualified childcare expenditures are:

  1. Costs associated with acquiring, constructing, rehabilitating or expanding property used as the taxpayer’s qualified childcare facility.
  2. Qualified childcare facility expenditures are operating expenses made by the taxpayer, including amounts paid to support childcare workers through training, scholarship programs, and providing increased compensation to employees with higher levels of childcare training.
  3. Expenditures under a contract with a qualified childcare facility to provide childcare services to employees.
  4. Qualified resource and referral expenditures which includes any amount paid or incurred under a contract to provide childcare resource and referral services to an employee.


To claim the credit, use Form 8882, Credit for Employer-Provided Childcare Facilities and Services.

The credit amount claimed may not exceed $150,000.

If you have any questions regarding Essential Business Accounting, Domestic Taxation, International Taxation, IRS Representation, U.S. Tax Implications of Real Estate Transactions or Financial Statements, please give us a call at +1-305-274-5811


Source : TAS     

The information provided on the LBCPA Blog is a community service for general information purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors who specialize in the topics covered. Please refer to your advisors for specific advice on these subjects. The information is not intended to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purposes of avoiding U.S. Federal and/or State tax laws or the tax laws of any foreign jurisdiction.

These blogs contain general information only and Lord Breakspeare Callaghan LLC or any of the other companies or firms presenting information are not providing accounting, business, financial, investment, legal, tax, or other professional advice or services. Lord Breakspeare Callaghan LLC or any of the other companies or firms contributing with articles shall not be responsible for any loss sustained by any person who relies on this information.